Table of Contents
By default, Sense will automatically generate two templates for a 30-minute and 60-minute meeting. You can modify or copy and customize these templates to fit your requirements.
Individual Template Types:
- Individual Templates: This template allows you to schedule meetings between one host and one attendee. This template will check for the host's availability before booking an event.
- Multi-Event: This template allows you to schedule meetings between one host and one attendee, but the host can add multiple events during the same time slot. This template will not check the host's availability before booking an event.
★ Create new Individual Templates
Follow the below-mentioned steps to create new Individual Templates:
- Log in to your Sense platform and navigate to Sense Scheduling (Meetings).
- Click Create Template to create a new template.
- Select a 1:1 Individual Template and click Next.
The Template creation is divided into six sections:
▶ Event Information
- Fill in the Event Information, such as Event Name, Description, Duration, Future Limit, Buffer Time, etc., and click Continue.
- Event Name: Shows the name of the Meeting.
- Description: Shows the description of the Meeting, for example - the agenda or a summary of the meeting.
- Location/Meeting Link: Shows the Location or the Link for the Meeting. You can select either 'In-person Meeting' or 'Virtual Meeting'.
Duration: Shows the length of the event/meeting, for example - 30 minutes, 60 minutes, etc.
- Min. Booking Notice: The minimum amount of time the event/meeting must be planned in the future.
- Min Cancel Notice: The minimum amount of time before the event/meeting starts that an attendee can cancel the meeting. Attendees will be unable to cancel events after the cancellation notice period expires, and they will have to reach out to the host to cancel the event.
- Future Limit: The amount of time into the future events/meetings can be booked. For example, if you set your future limit to 4 weeks, you allow attendees to see your calendar up to 4 weeks in advance.
- Buffer Time: Shows the minimum amount of time between two events/meetings to be booked. This helps to avoid overlaps in two meetings. For example, if you set your buffer time to 15 minutes, then your second meeting slot will be visible at 15 minutes buffer to attendees.
Extended Availability: It offers extended availability to attendees if no available times are within the originally configured future limit.
➠ Example: Suppose your original Future Limit is set to four weeks, and your Extended Availability is set to two weeks. There are no slots available in the initial four weeks (Future Limit) on your calendar; then, in this scenario, you allow your attendees to see the extended availability for another two weeks.
- Cancellation Policy: A message will be displayed to attendees if they try to cancel the meeting. They'll be asked to provide a cancellation reason.
▶ Work Hours
Add your work hours so invitees can see your availability in their local time zone. Follow below mentioned steps to add your work hours:
- Select your desired time zone from the drop-down menu.
- Select your work days and add your work hours. You can add multiple rows of work hours for various days. Click +Add Time to add a new row.
For example, if a recruiter is available for an interview between 9 AM to 5 PM on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday but unavailable after 12PM on Thursday and Friday. Then, in this scenario, you can add two rows; one row for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday between 9 AM to 5 PM and a second row for Thursday and Friday between 9 AM - 12 PM. This way, the attendee will never be offered any time after 12 PM on Thursdays and Fridays.
➠ Important: You can set your default time zone and work hours from the Settings tab (Sense Scheduling (Meetings) > Settings). So, While creating new meeting templates, the system will automatically use the same default time zone and work hours set in the settings tab to avoid re-entering time again and again.
▶ Booking Flow
- Select the Booking Flow for your meetings, such as Automatic or Manual, then click Continue.
- Automatic: Bookings are auto-confirmed when the attendees submit/book the meeting.
- Manual: When Attendees book the meeting, you will be notified, and it allows you to confirm or decline the booking manually.
➠ Note: Office 365 supports only Automatic bookings.
You can set up Reminders to be sent to both hosts and attendees. Sense recommends setting up at least two reminders before interviews with candidates to reduce the no-show rate.
You can choose between email and SMS reminders.
- Email reminders: They can be sent to both hosts and attendees.
- SMS reminders: These can only be sent to attendees. When using SMS reminders, Sense will attempt to deliver the reminder message using the host's Messaging phone number when the host has access to Sense Messaging. For hosts that do not have access to Sense Messaging, Sense will use the default Engage SMS phone number to send the reminders.
Important: By default, there will be one reminder created. You can edit the default one or can create new one with following instructions.
Follow below mentioned steps to create a new reminder:
- Click + Create Reminder.
- Select the desired reminder timing, and reminder type (Email/SMS).
- Select the required recipients, such as Event Host, Event Attendees, or both Host and Attendees.
- Add a subject line to your reminder. You can use the variables, such as [Attendee Name], [Host Name], [Event Name], [Event Date & Time], etc., to make your reminders more effective.
- Fill in the message section. The system will display the default generated message, and you can edit and customize it according to your needs. You can use the variables, or add attachments to make your reminders more informative.
- Click Save.
- Once the reminder is created, you can use the Delete or Edit options shown on the right-side of each reminder to delete or update your reminder.
- Click Continue.
▶ Custom Questions
By default, the Sense scheduler will always ask the attendee for their name, email, and cell phone number. If you wish to add additional questions, you can add them in the custom questions page, and the attendee will be required to answer all the questions to book the event.
Follow below mentioned steps to add a new question:
- Click + Add Question.
- Add Question Text and Question Type. Click + Save Additional Question.
- Use the Delete option on the right side of each question to delete the additional question.
- Click Continue.
▶ Other Options
The other options tab allows you to customize the URL link for the template, select a brand when there is more than one brand for the agency, and the calendar to book the event.
- You can customize the last part of the custom page link to be a meaningful description that would make the most sense to the attendees.
- Select a Brand (Only available when there is more than one brand for the agency).
➠ NOTE: By default, the Sense scheduler will be set up to use the primary brand setting.
- Select a Calendar.
- In the 'SMS Confirmation' section, switch the toggle ON if you wish to send SMS confirmations to attendees.
- Click Save and Finish.
★ Preview the Template
Once the template is created, click on the preview button on the bottom left-hand side of the screen to preview the attendee's user experience. Check for the branding, time availability, and custom questions to ensure they fit your requirements before sharing the link with an attendee.
★ Share the Template Link
- Navigate to the My Templates.
- Click Copy Link on the template that you wish to share with your attendees. You can share the template link with the attendees in three ways.
- Full URL: This method is best suited for sharing the template via email or Chatbot.
- Short URL: This method is best suited for sharing the template via SMS. Using short URLs in Sense Messaging will improve deliverability and reduce the length of the message.
- Embedded button: This method will copy a "Meet with me" button with the URL link embedded into it. The hosts can paste these into an email signature or send it as a regular email.