Table of contents
Service accounts are a special type of account that represent a non-human user that needs to access multiple accounts within a single organization. They enable admins to onboard entire organizations at once into a new app or service without requiring each individual user to grant access; this is useful for organizations that have multiple accounts they want to connect with Sense Meetings without interrupting the end users to complete their account authentication.
Note: Service account integration is available for Sense Customers using Google and Microsoft Office 365 calendar platforms.
Service Account Setup within Sense
To set up Service Account authentication, please follow the steps below after setting up the service account in Google or Microsoft Office 365.
Step 1 - Create a Service Account
To get started, create new service account credentials on your Calendaring platform i.e., Google Workspace or Office 365, using the steps below.
Step 2 - Authenticate on Sense using Service Account Credential
1. Login to the Sense portal and select Calendar Sync under Settings>Calendar Sync. If you don’t see the Calendar Sync page under settings, ensure the admin (or the desired role) is allowed the “Manage own and team calendar” privilege for Meetings
2. Click on Connect with Service Accounts button
3. Choose your calendar provider
a. If your calendar provider is Google, upload the JSON file with credentials.
b. If your calendar is Office 365, copy and paste the client id (found under overview, also labeled as Application ID) and client secret (Value found under Client Secrets) in the text boxes provided.
For application ID,
For client secret value,
4. Click Next to authenticate the account using the new credentials. This step might take a while to finish.
5. Once the account is successfully authenticated, you will be redirected to the Calendar Sync page, where you will see a list of all your company's users with an account in Sense.
Step 3 - Sync calendars for users
1. If some of your users had previously connected their calendars to Sense those connections will continue to work, and the toggle on the Calendar Sync page for these users will be ON.
2. The toggle will be off for users who are currently not connected to Sense Meetings or have never connected to Sense Meetings before. As an administrator, you can toggle user connections on and off from this page. Once the toggle is turned on and is confirmed, then the user account will be ready to use