Database automations allow for you to update information in their ATS without any input/feedback from anyone. These happen completely in the background and are not recipient-facing.
There are two main types of database automations:
Bulk Database Clean-ups
- A bulk database clean-up is meant to run updates on ATS data at a specific time. We allow you the option to start/stop/cancel/re-run these types of automations (there is no activation/deactivation toggle).
- Bulk clean-ups have their own section of the dashboard, located on the left navigation pane called 'clean-ups'. There, you'll find a homepage for all of your current clean-up events, and that's where you'll be able to create new ones.
- Clean-ups cannot be combined with any other types of events or journeys - journeys of this type can contain 1 event, and it must be a bulk database clean-up event.
- So there can be no email/chatbot/sms/data enrichment/field triggered database automations on this journey (this capability will come with field-triggered automations, described below)
- These are meant for large clean-ups at one time.
Field Triggered Database Automation
- A field triggered database automation is meant to run updates over time, based on date/value relative to an ATS field (example: as a candidate completes a placement, update their status to 'looking'.)
- These types of events are meant to be added into existing journeys that contain email/sms/chatbot/etc events.
- These events are meant to keep the data clean as things change in the database.
The main differences are: a bulk clean-up has no schedule page (unnecessary since they are 'run now' type of event), and for a bulk clean-ups the audience set-up portion is the first step in the creation process (makes it a little easier to preview how change rules will affect audience members this way).
In addition to the clean-ups tab, there will be another new section in the dashboard:
- Audit Section - will store a table of all the database automations that have happened - will allow the user to see: person, entity, event name, old value, new value, status (success/fail/etc), date value was updated. There will also be the ability to filter the view by event/date/person/etc to see all the database automations that happened for any particular group/person.
How to set these up:
- Navigate to the 'clean-up' section of the dashboard and click 'create new clean-up'
- Set-up the audience
- NOTE: you can skip the audience creation for now but will not be able to preview change rules since there will be no audience rules
- Build your change rules while the audience is generated - this is where you can select which fields you want to update and what the updated values should be.
- Update a field's value:
- To empty
- To a new value based on another field
- Increment a date
- Add text to a different field's value
- To one of the multiple choice options (if the field is a dropdown)
- To free text value
- Update a person linked (owner/client contact/etc - any person related entity)
- NOTE: Options are limited based on what type of a input a field can accept in BH
- Update a field's value:
- Test using the Preview Modal to view audience members and show what these rules will do to their field's values
- The next page displays the status of this bulk database automation event. Since this won't have been started yet during initial creation it's mostly just an empty state page but will show that there will be a record for run history.
- After you have started the operation and it has completed (time to completion can vary due to number of updates) you'll be able to see how many total updates happened. If you click on that number, you'll be redirected to the Audit section of the dashboard in case you'd like to look in further detail.
- Bulk clean-ups are available for Bullhorn customers only
- There is only one event per each bulk database clean-up. You can never have more than one.
- Once the audience is built and the journey has started you cannot edit the audience or the change rules. If you need to do so, you'll have to create a new journey.
- While the audience is being built, we will pull a randomized subset of members for the preview modal on the change rules page.