If a contact is part of of an SMS Touchpoint or Sense Messaging communication, there are 3 ways to Opt them in or out of communications.
From the People Profile:
- Go to the People tab on the left sidebar
- Once you have selected the Contact you would like to Opt-In or Opt-Out, click Profile from the top options
- From here you will be able to select which types or communication you would like to have them Opt-In or Opt-Out of:
For Sense SMS Touchpoints
The contact also has the ability to Opt-In or Opt-Out of SMS communications from SMS Touchpoint communications themselves.
- When first being contacted through an SMS Touchpoint, they will receive the follow SMS message:
Hi! Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to unsubscribe from <agency name> . Reply START to resubscribe. Msg&Data rates may apply.
- If they have elected to STOP, they can reply with START to the SMS thread to start receiving messages if they would like to Opt-In again.
For Sense Messaging
The HELP, STOP and START message will not be received when first contacting people from Sense Messaging, but they will still have the option to type STOP or START in the thread to Opt-In and Out.