The Job Approval feature in Skillate offers your organization to configure an approval chain for all the jobs created. These further give the stakeholders more significant control over the organization’s recruitment process.
This article helps you understand:
What Job Approval Chain?
How to configure a job approval chain?
★ Configuring Job Approval Chain
Navigate to Settings > Job Setup > Job Approval Chain.
You can set up a job approval chain for your organization as a whole or a specific office or department.
For configuring job approval for your organization:
Click on Edit provided for Default Approval Chain.
Add the approvers as required in Approvers.
Choose from the drop-down if all the approvers should approve or only one(any) of them needs to approve. If any one of them rejects the job, it will be considered.
Additionally, choose if you want the approval emails to be triggered in a particular order or sent out to all approvers at once.
Additionally, you can add another approval step by clicking on Add Approval Step. You can add the users as approvers, set if they need to approve, or one approval would suffice.
- Once more than one approval step, it is necessary to choose whether you need to send out approval emails in the order you have defined or send in one go.
Click on Done to complete the process.
You can also set up an approval chain specific to the office and department. Those jobs matching the configured office and department will automatically have the defined job approval chain.
The configuration is as same as that of the Default Approval Chain. Please refer to the above steps for the same.
Note: You can choose if the approval needs to happen in the order or all at once. - All at once: will send out the request for approval to all the approvers
- In the case of approval in order, the approvers in the first step will receive the notifications.
The next set of approvers will get an approval notification upon their approval. If you have permission to edit a job, you can further configure the job approval chain
at the job level.
If any specific stakeholder needs approval for the particular job, or someone from the approval chain has left the organization.
Learn more about configuring the approval chain at the job level here.
☆ How to add multiple criteria for Job Approval Chain?
1. Navigate to the Settings > Job Setup > Job Approval Chain.
2. Click on Create Approval Chain to enter a new job approval chain.
3. Enter a approval chain name and click on Create Approval Chain. You will be
navigated to define the approvers for the new approval chain.
4. Specify the order and who needs to approve the job.
5. Click on Done to save the approval chain.
6. Further, click on the Manage Criteria (new).
7. From the following pop-up, click on the Add Criteria to add a department-location- grade criteria for the job approval chain.
8. You can select the office, department and grade from the dropdown menu and click
on Submit. 9. You can add as many criteria as required by following the same steps (7-8).