Table of Contents
- What is Checkr Integration
- Integration of Checkr
- [A] Enablement of Checkr
- [B] Configuring Checkr at Global Hiring Plan
- [C] Initiating Background Verification
- [D] Tracking the status of Background Verification
- Candidate Experience
★ What is Checkr Integration
Checkr is an AI-powered technology that helps you with background verifications and checks. The integration of Checkr on the Sense TRM platform aims to improve your recruiting flow by reducing the administrative tasks that recruiters need to manage while ordering background checks for candidates. This integration also helps you to reduce time, human error, and bias caused by manual background checks.
The Checkr integration streamlines the background verification process and helps you carry out multiple background checks, and allows you to manage all these tasks from Sense TRM itself.
★ Integration of Checkr
To integrate Checkr,
[B] Enable Checkr integration from Settings > Integration.
[C] Configure Checkr setup from the Global Hiring Plan.
[D] Initiate the background verification from the Candidate’s Page.
[E] Track the status of the ordered background verification
[A] Enablement of Checkr
Follow the below-mentioned steps to enable the Checkr account:
- Log in to your Sense Platform and navigate to Sense TRM.
- On the Sense TRM dashboard, navigate to the Settings page.
- Go to General Configuration > Integrations from the Settings page.
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to ‘Checkr’ and click Connect.
- You will be redirected to Checkr hosted page, which will ask you to Sign Up or Sign In to Checkr.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Sense TRM.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account and add your billing and credentialing information.
- Once you have completed the connection flow, you will be redirected back to the ‘Integrations’ page, and you will see the status of your connection.
- If you signed in to an existing Checkr account, you will see a green check mark with ‘Connected’ status. You can now begin ordering background checks via Sense TRM.
- If you signed up for a new Checkr account, you would see a ‘connected’ status with an additional flag that ‘your account is not yet authorized to run background checks.’This means that Checkr still has to credential your Checkr account, which can take up to 1-3 days. Once credentialed, both you and Sense TRM will be notified.
[B] Configuring Checkr at Global Hiring Plan
Once your Sense TRM and Checkr accounts are connected, you can begin ordering background checks.
You can configure the Background checks at Global Hiring Plan from Settings or set it up at each job level within the Job’s Hiring Plan.
➥ Important: It is recommended that you configure your Background Verification round within the Global Hiring Plan section from the Settings page. Once you configure it at the Global Hiring Plan level, then when you create any new jobs using these hiring plans, it automatically inherits all the associated rounds to your newly created jobs. This way, you do not have to configure Background Verification round at each job level.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to configure Checkr setup at Global Hiring Plan:
- Log in to Sense TRM Platform and navigate to Settings.
- From the Settings page, go to Job Setup > Hiring Plan.
➥ NOTE: You can create a new hiring plan or update the existing one to add Background Verification round.
- Open any hiring plan where you wish to add the Background Verification round. For example, ‘Default Hiring Plan.’
➥ Important: Make sure you add Background Verification Round in the required job stage. For example, when you add Background Verification round within the Offer/Documentation stage, then you can initiate Candidate Form and Background Verification checks only when the candidates are in the Offer/Documentation stage.
- Before proceeding with Checkr Configuration, ensure your Hiring Plan has a ‘Background Verification Round’ created. If not, create a new round for ‘Background verification’ to configure it with Checkr.
To add a new Round,
- Go to the required stage where you wish to add a new Candidate Form round.
- Click on +Round.
- Select Round Type as ‘Background Verification.’
- Fill in the Round Name and click Add Round.
- On the ‘Background Verification’ round, click Configure.
- Select a Background Check Platform on the Configurations page as ‘Checkr.’
- Next, select the applicable Node, Package, and Work Location. Additionally, you have to select users to notify upon completing the test, such as Recruiter, Recruiter Assistant, and Hiring Manager, or you can specify the email address in the Others column. Click Save.
- At the top, you will get a notification as ‘Background verification configured successfully.’ Post the success message; you can close the configuration page.
- Once you configure the Background Verification round within Global Hiring Plan, you can create new jobs with this hiring plan and initiate a background check on a candidate.
[C] Initiating Background Verification
Follow the below-mentioned steps to initiate the background verification on a candidate:
- Log in to your Sense TRM platform and navigate to Jobs.
- Open any job created with the above hiring plan (mentioned in Step B ), where you have already configured the Background Verification round.
- From the selected job page, navigate to Candidates. Under each active candidate, who all are in Offer/Documentation stage (as configured in Step C), you will see the option to ‘Checkr | Initiate Background Verification' link.
- Click the Background Verification Link. A window will appear to ‘Initiate Checkr Background Check.’ Fill in/confirm the candidate’s email address and click Initiate.
- At the top, upon a successful background check initiation, you will see the notification message as ‘Background Verification Initiated Successfully.’
➥ Important: Once you initiate the background verification, the respective candidate will receive an email notification to start the background check. The candidate has to fill up the form with relevant information and submit it.
[D] Tracking the status of Background Verification
Sense TRM allows you to track the real-time status of your ordered background verification.
To track the status,
- Navigate to the Job’s Overview page for which you initiated the background check.
- Go to the Candidates page.
- Navigate to the Candidate’ Profile for which you have initiated the background check. You will see a status labeled with its Initiated Date, Estimated Time to Complete (only when the candidate submits the form), and actual status such as Invitation Pending, Clear, or Consider. Additionally, you can click on the provided Checkr link to see the detailed result on the Checkr site.
➥ Example 1, Status: Invitation Pending (Before submission of the candidate form)
➥ Example 2, Status: Pending (Once the candidate submits the form)
➥ Example 3, Status: Complete (On the completion of Background Verification)
★ Candidate Experience
Once you initiate the background verification, the respective candidate will receive an email notification to start the background check. The candidate has to fill up the form with relevant information and submit it.
For example, notification email:
- Upon receiving the email notification, the candidate must click the provided link to initiate the background check.
- The candidate will be redirected to the Checkr site to fill up the relevant information and submit the form.
- Upon submission of the form, you can see the updated real-time status in the Sense TRM as ‘Pending’ with an estimated completion date.