Umbrella term for each conversational action in the conversation builder. Messages, questions, conditions, dispositions, summaries, etc. are all nodes. Nodes are each box that make up the flow of your conversation.
Basic node type. Messages do not expect any reply from the user. Each message node will appear as a separate speech bubble in the user's interface.
Use a message node when you want to add another line of text to the conversation, but you want the next node to appear immediately after (no waiting for user input).
Basic node type. Question nodes are the building blocks of your conversation! Use question nodes to ask questions and collect information. Question nodes are made up of a couple of parts:
This is where you write the text for your question or prompt. In this window, you can also add emojis or variables.
Writeback-ATS Field: Optional. Select which field in your ATS you would like to write back the information collected from this question. WRITE BACK CAPABILITIES ARE ONLY CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR BULLHORN AND E-RECRUIT.
Validation Type: Optional. If you would like to validate a specific data input for a question, select the relevant validation type in the drop-down menu. If a candidate responds, but not with the selected data type, the bot will re-prompt the candidate to answer the question.
Response Type: Choose the type of response type you would like candidates to give:
- Free Form: The free form response type acts like an open text field. The user can provide any input and the bot will move on after collecting their answer.
- Single-select buttons: Provides users with multiple options from which they can select one answer. You can branch off single-select button questions based on the user’s answer.
- Multi-select buttons: Provide users with multiple options from which they are able to select all the answers that apply to them. You cannot branch off multi-select buttons.
- Yes/No: Provide candidates with a ‘yes’ button or a ‘no’ button. Please select this response type when you are asking a yes/no question. You can branch off yes/no questions based on the user’s answer.
- Response Options: If you select a validation type, this field will appear at the bottom of the node. This is the default message that will appear if a user’s input is invalid. This response is customizable.
File Upload Node:
You can use the “File Upload” node to collect the files from candidates, such as resumes and other credentials documents. You can view the uploaded files on the “Review Data” page.
Some Key Factors of the “File Upload” node:
- The file upload feature is available for all chatbot types - Data Enrichment, Pre-screening and Sourcing.
- Candidates can upload only one file per file upload node.
- The accepted file types are pdf, jpg, jpeg, doc, Docx and png.
- The accepted file size is 10 MB.
Select this option when you want the next question in your flow to be an already existing node. You will be prompted to choose which node you would like to jump to in the flow. Useful for skipping questions and reconnecting branches.
Back-end configuration of an email to be sent when a candidate reaches this node in the conversation flow. Notification nodes don’t show up on the candidate side of the conversation. Typically used as an alert to recruiters to qualified candidates.
Add a conditional statement that will determine where the user will go next in the flow. Condition nodes can only be IF and AND (no or). In the “empty” field, you can select the relevant variable or if the conditions are based on a single or multi-select button, you can input the option there. If inputting a custom option, it must exactly match the orthography of the original button.
Update a field within the ATS based on previous responses to questions or flow logic. Example: If a candidate passes a pre-screening conversation, you can add a disposition node to the end of the conversation to update their status in your ATS to “Passed Screen.” Disposition nodes don’t show up on the candidate side of the conversation. Disposition nodes can be used to set any synced ATS field to a certain value. To update the status in your ATS, you must use the disposition node. Field writeback capability is required to use a disposition node.
Adding a summary node to your flow will present candidates with a summary of the answers they provided in the conversation to review them. Candidates can change answers that aren’t accurate or that they want to change.
Allows you to present a meeting scheduler to candidates in your conversation. It is recommended that this appears at the end of your conversation flow.