The Sense Chatbot saves recruiters valuable time by automating many repetitive, tedious, and time-consuming tasks.
Setting up a Chatbot only takes a few minutes and allows you to focus more of your time and energy on engaging the most promising applicants. Chatbots can be used for pre-screening candidates or for gathering more information through data enrichment or data reactivation.
- Engage with candidates 24/7
- Quickly pre-qualify & disqualify prospects
- Easily gather additional data from candidates
- Automate the process of re-engaging with candidates
- Set your bot up once and put it on autopilot
- Customize every aspect of the conversation
- Save time by automating repetitive tasks
Steps to Get Started
Let’s start by building a chatbot from scratch. After clicking on Conversations in the left navigation bar on your Sense dashboard, click the ‘Create new’ button in the bottom right-hand corner.
1. Configure your chatbot
- Select your desired use case, either Pre-screening or Data Enrichment.
- Next, select Web or SMS as your platform.
- Select your entity type.
2. Create your conversation
The Conversation Builder is a flowcharting tool designed to move candidates through appropriate stages of the funnel. Almost everything is customizable so you can automate all your most-used conversations with chatbots.
- Click the ‘+’ button to add questions, messages, or to jump to another branch or node in the conversation.
- Click on the three dots in the upper-right section of each box to edit or remove a node.
- Conversations typically start with a greeting to set expectations, followed by several questions, which can go down different branches depending on the answers provided by candidates.
- For each question, you can customize the response type you are looking for: Yes/No answers, single-select buttons, multi-select buttons, or free form answers.
- Depending on how candidates respond to questions, you can structure the conversation to move down different branches. For example, if a candidate responds Yes, you can send them to a different branch than candidates who respond No.
- To move the candidate between branches, you can use the “Jump-to” option under the ‘+’ button.
3. Wrap up your conversation
- Make sure the branches of your conversation end in a closing message.
- You can end your conversations by thanking candidates for their time, asking candidates when a good time for them to connect with a recruiter would be, schedule them on a recruiter’s calendar using a meeting node, etc.
- If you are doing a Pre-screening conversation and it is possible that some candidates might not pass the screening, be sure to include a consolation message at the end of the “sad-path” branch.
4. Review your conversation and click “Build”
- Review your conversation! Make sure there are no typos, grammar errors, and that the logic of the conversation is to your liking. The Before You "Build" Checklist can help you review.
- Once you’ve created the Chatbot conversation to your specifications, click the Build button in the top right-hand corner of the conversation builder. This will build your chatbot. Hang tight as we build your chatbot on the back end.
- In the main conversations tab, look at the ‘status’ of your conversation. Once it says ‘ready for use’ you can attach your bot to a journey!