What was the previous bug?
For the “The date of field, per audience member” type of Trigger, the Database cleanup trigger time shows a mismatch of values where the UI was showing 12:01 AM, but the schedule was getting saved as 12:01 PM.
What is the current solution?
Now it is fixed as mentioned below for both the cases of new and existing cleanups:
- For new cleanups, the UI will show 12:01 AM, and the triggering will happen at 12:01 AM.
- For existing cleanups, the UI will show 12:01 PM, which removes the mismatch.
If the existing cleanup is inactive, and the user clicks on "Save", the UI will change to 12:01 AM, and the trigger value will also change to 12:01 AM.
If the existing cleanup is active, the mismatch in the UI and actual trigger value will be there. It would be best if you did not modify the cleanups in between. (Please refer to Question 1 in the FAQs section)
Question 1: Will the running cleanups (which have already been triggered) get affected if they are inactivated and then saved, and then re-activated? If yes, then how?
- Any due writebacks that are pending will be removed
- Can result in duplicate writebacks for some audience members
- Other touchpoints in the journey will also be affected in the same way (duplicated sending)
Question 2: If the cleanups are in an inactive state but haven’t been triggered yet, and then the save button is clicked, what will happen to the cleanup? Will it change the trigger time?
Yes, since UI is sending 12.01 am now, the trigger time will be updated to this.