User Content Subscriptions
User Content Subscriptions enhance the existing Sense Engage opt-outs. Previously, every candidate (or recipient) had a single opt-out setting that manages their communication with your agency. Now, you can create multiple subscription categories for different types of communication, allowing candidates (and recipients) to selectively opt-in / opt-out from the available subscription categories.
Now User Content Subscription is applied to both Email and SMS communications.
- Managing Subscription Categories in Engage
- Configuring Email Touchpoints with a Subscription Category
Managing Subscription Categories in Sense Engage
- Click on the ‘User Content Subscription’ tab under ‘Settings’ to manage subscription categories. You can filter the available subscriptions whether they are active or inactive by selecting the checkbox on the top right corner.
- Click on ‘+ Add New Category’, to create new categories. Write the Category name, select the type of Subscription and description, and then click on save. If it SMS type of subscription you have to mention Unsubscribe Message.All category descriptions can be seen by the recipient when they visit the Manage Subscription Page in their mail.
- Click into the subscription category for a detailed view, including the total touchpoints under the category, spam rates, unsubscribe rates, and associated touchpoints.
Configuring Email Touchpoints with a Subscription Category
All email touchpoints will have a new configuration under the ‘Basics’ tab.
When the content type is ‘Transactional’, the agency must provide a reason for sending the email. The reason will be shown as a part of the email footer. All existing email touchpoints have been set under a “Non-transactional / Marketing” subscription category by default.
What is the difference between transactional and non-transactional categories?
- Transactional categories are the category that is supposed to be used only in case of transactional messages like sending the joining information to a candidate or something related to the actual placement of the candidate.
- Non-transactional categories can be used at any time for any kind of promotional message irrespective of the user having an active placement with the candidate. They can contain newsletters, campaigns, referral emails, etc.
[For Recipients] Manage Subscription Preferences
- In the email footer, users can choose either to Unsubscribe or Manage Subscription Preferences.
- Using the Unsubscribe or Manage Subscription Preferences link, the email recipient can visit an external page where they can manage their preferences.
[For Dashboard users] Managing Candidate Subscription Preferences
- From the ‘People” tab, select a candidate or recipient. Under the Subscription drop-down option, you can manage their content subscriptions.