Touchpoints can be tested at any time to confirm all delivery fields and event modules are working as intended.
Testing a Touchpoint:
1. Click the Journeys icon from the left Sense navigation panel
2. Click the journey that holds the touchpoint to be tested
3. Click Test in the upper-right corner
4. Depending on the Touchpoint type, fill out the SEND TO field with the email/phone number you'd like to receive the test.
Optional: Choose a candidate for your test message. Your test message will be sent to the email/phone number you specify but will simulate what that candidate will see when they receive your touchpoint
5. If the recipient belongs to any placements, you MUST select the placement in order to use its associated variable placeholders.
6. Click Send Test Email/SMS
1) The fields that are viewed in the test pop up are from the Basics Tab and the Content Tab. Not from the audience of the Journey or the Scheduling tab.
2) This tab is also show the Sender and phone number if they are using a Sender rule in the Basics Tab. This is a great way for you to review who's number it will be coming from. It will tie in with Agency Variables as well.
3) If the variables that were added to the touchpoint to now appear in the Test tab (for example from a Drag and Drop Editor type Touchpoint) then the messages will not be delivered or be sent at all. They need to make sure that all variables from the content and Basics tabs are added correctly to the entity touchpoint they are under.